We are committed to equal opportunity for all
Alongside our core values—honesty, safety, unity and quality—diversity remains crucial to our success and future as a leading contractor. Both within our company and among our supply chain, we are committed to equal opportunity for all. Diversity and inclusion advances our mission to drive mutual respect, listen to understand and operate with integrity.
Reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve
Our efforts to address challenges of diversity and inclusion are led by Cherelle Cortez, our national director of subcontractor diversity. Cherelle focuses full-time on bringing diverse subcontractors and suppliers to our projects, helping our teams take specific steps, including:
- Participating in industry trade groups focused on creating opportunities for under-represented groups.
- Conducting community outreach to encourage project participation by local women- and minority-owned firms.
- Finding the right sized opportunities to encourage diverse participation on our projects.
- Providing formal and informal training and education opportunities to our employees, customers and potential trade partners.
- Implementing policies and guidelines designed to achieve diversity and equity.
- Increasing recruitment efforts to reach potential candidates from under-represented groups.
- Listening to and learning from other people’s experiences who have succeeded in broadening their network of diverse trade partners.
While we know there’s more to be done, we stand by our commitment, and will continue working with our clients, employees and trade partners to achieve an equitable business that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Fostering a more inclusive workplace
Diversity and inclusion help us increase engagement and productivity by allowing all employees to feel valued and accepted, which drives innovation and success. It also helps us attract the best talent to work with and for us. It is proven that companies with a diverse workforce make better decisions. Our company culture continues to enhance our diversity and inclusion practices and strategy through our strengthened metrics and training to shape a better workplace.